A huge thank you to Trish at Pink Preppy Lilly Lover for crowning me with the Preppy Mafia tag! Thanks Trish - you always make me smile and it is an honor to receive it from such a stylish, beautiful person, inside and out. Thanks for sharing the love! (Thanks to Beth Dunn at Social Climbers for starting this up as well!)
1 Add the button to your blog
2 Answer the questions below
3 Pass on to 10 bloggers you love
1. Who is your style icon? A mixture of Jackie O. and Reese Witherspoon. Also, Tenley from the Bachelor. Love her curls! She always looked put-together and she totally rocked those rainboots on the hometown date.
2. What is your favorite socialite lit book? Devil in the Junior League.
3. Favorite party theme? Tea party - big hats & sundresses. Hollywood - pretty dresses and trendy food. Princess - crowns never go out of style. Country Club - tennis whites and golf attire.
4. Go-to Halloween costume? Elle Woods. I always have a pink dress in my closet. Add a pink purse, a little dog and some sunglasses and you're legally blonde.
5. Extravagance you can't live without? Bobbi brown eye cream, manicures and pedicures, Origins knot-free shampoo and conditioner, cupcakes, pretty dresses and a nice pair of shades.
6. Living person you admire? My parents. They set a wonderful example for me, support me no matter what, encourage me every day and gave me every opportunity they could to help me spread my wings and grow into the person I am today. They are very giving and I admire their love for others, their strength, their relationship with God and their hard-working, can do anything nature.
7. Greatest fear? Falling short of my dreams. Missing out on opportunities. Bad things happening to loved ones.
8. Trait you deplore in yourself? Holding grudges. Letting others rob me of my joy.
9. Which talent would you most like to have? A beautiful singing voice. Design skills. Better dance abilities. (There's always room for improvement.)
10. Greatest achievement? Landing an editorial position at a magazine fresh out of college after graduating with honors. But mostly? Moving to a city where I didn't know anyone and building a happy, successful and fulfilling life for myself while making my parents proud.